Tuesday, May 25, 2010

CPL 2.0 - Twitter

What is Twitter? Basically Facebook on crack, as far as I can tell. Ok, that's kind of unfair. I'll admit, I'm a bit of a political junky, and I do occasionally find twitter useful to follow a late-breaking news story, or a critical vote, etc. And I suppose there's something incredibly democratic about everyone being able to weigh in with their opinion about EVERYTHING. That being said, even a Facebook addict like myself finds it a bit disturbing that there are people out there who find themselves so fascinating, that they feel it is necessary to share every single boring non-event that takes place every single second of their boring non-lives. There is such a thing as too much information. And I think Twitter proves it. Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong . . . and now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go update my Facebook status.

P.S. This post has more than 140 characters. So it doesn't qualify as a "tweet".

No comments:

Post a Comment